Sunday, June 7, 2009

Presenting Author Daniel Reyes




ISBN 13: 978-0-9824298-3-9
Retail Price: $13.95



BPPBooks: What is the title of your new release?

Daniel Reyes: The title of my release is For God & Country, after the Marine Corps code.


BPPBooks: Tell us about your new release.

DR: I tried to get the point across of how we feel in the military about certain subjects such as family, war, and how this country would react if war were to take place on our soil.


BPPBooks: Without revealing too much of the plot, tell us about the main character and how s/he fits into the story.

DR: Well, I made Eddie Valles out to be as good a military role model as possible, a great husband, father, brother, and son. He takes on the conflicts as such, a great family man and Marine, to shows what it's like for those of us that serve.


BPPBooks: Who is your favorite character in this book?

DR: It would have to be Sergeant Perez. I based him off of me - cynical and sarcastic, always making jokes and doing the daring things that no one else would do.


BPPBooks: Is this your first novel? If not, tell us about your previous release(s).

DR: Yes, this is my first, but first of many to come.


BPPBooks: When did you first start writing?

DR: I first started taking writing classes in the fifth grade. That's when I realized that my active imagination was never going to stop.


BPPBooks: What genre do you write in and what makes your book unique in the genre?

DR: I write military fiction. I like to think it's unique in the fact that the war is brought home and how many of my fellow service members and I think even our fellow Americans would react to it.


BPPBooks: What appeals to you most about writing?

DR: Basically just getting my thoughts and ideas out there. To be heard on such a great level is very appealing to me.


BPPBoooks: How can readers learn more about you and your book(s)?

DR: They can visit the books website at www.defendcali.com. There's a contact page and I would feel pleasured to answer any questions.


BPPBooks: Where can your book(s) be purchased?

DR: They can be purchased on www.amazon.com or www.barnesandnoble.com, as well as my publisher's web site at www.bppbooks.com. Hopefully soon to be in select stores as well.




Publisher's Note: All Blue Planet Publishing titles can be ordered at your favorite brick and mortar bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers