Monday, June 22, 2009

Presenting Author R.M. Hamilton




BPPBooks: What is the title of your new release?

R.M. Hamilton: Hello, My Name Is James

BPPBooks: Tell us about your new release.

R.M.: James Schilling is a twenty-something man trying to find his way in life. The one great thing in his life is his best friend Frank. He has his back in any situation. James wants more out of his boring ordinary life. When a situation arises at work, he decides to make more out of his current life to be someone. While searching for his life's true calling a family issue unfolds. He decides to track down his estranged father who had left him when he was ten years old. James must decide to fix his past or let it be. He struggles with work, his family, and a possible new relationship at the same time trying to figure out where his life will lead him. Will he find love? Can he track down the man who had left him at an early age? Most of all will James discover who he is truly meant to be in his life?

BPPBooks: Without revealing too much of the plot, tell us about the main character and how s/he fits into the story.

R.M. James is at a crossroad in his life. He isn’t satisfied with his current job and wants more in life in general. His father left him when he was younger and he has to decide whether he should try to track down his father again. At the same time he is also deciding about what to do with his current work situation and if he can get enough courage to ask out a girl who he has had a crush on for a while and further their current friendship.


BPPBooks: Who is your favorite character in this book?

R.M.: James, he is the focal point of the story.

BPPBooks: Is this your first novel? If not, tell us about your previous release(s).

R.M.: I had self-published my first novel in 2006. It is a dark fantasy novel titled, Unscarred. I have also published a bunch of short stories and a few poems.

BPPBooks: When did you first start writing?

R.M.: I had been writing most of my life but not seriously until I sat down and wrote Unscarred in 2005. After completing the novel I fell in love with writing and want to pursue it as a full-time career one day.


BPPBooks: What genre do you write in and what makes your book unique in the genre?

R.M.: I tend to genre jump depending on my current mood so I never really know what genre I will be writing next. My current release is mainstream fiction. I think a lot of people can find themselves in similar situations that James is in. My novel will have a sense of realism with the story.


BPPBooks: What appeals to you most about writing?

R.M.: Being able to create a story and world of my own. I put a lot of emotion into all of my writing and try to get readers really involved with my characters.

BPPBooks: How can readers learn more about you and your book(s)?

R.M.: Right now they can contact me on MySpace - www.myspace.com/rmhamilton

BPPBooks: Where can your book(s) be purchased?

R.M.: Hello, My Name Is James is scheduled to be released in August 2009 and will be available on all online retailers.



Publisher's Note: All Blue Planet Publishing titles can be ordered at your favorite brick and mortar bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers